Postdoctoral Research Associate Position in Atmospheric Modeling at Baylor University
What We Are Looking For:
We are seeking a Postdoctoral Research Associate, who will be joining the Atmospheric and Climate Modeling Lab of Dr. Yang Li (https://sites.baylor.edu/yang_li3/) in the Department of Environmental Science at Baylor University. The successful candidate will have the opportunity to work on research projects that focus on air quality and climate consequences of changes in greenhouse gases and other air pollutants.
- Applicants should have obtained a Ph.D. degree in atmospheric sciences or related fields before formally starting.
- Ideal candidates should have substantial experience in 3-D atmospheric chemical transport modeling. Strong background in WRF-Chem modeling will be a plus.
- Proficiency in communicating scientific/technical contents in writing, publishing, and oral briefings are required.
- Strong programming skills in analyzing model output and satellite observations are highly desirable.
What You Will Do:
- Design and develop scenario-based emissions inventories.
- Perform WRF-Chem modeling.
- Evaluate model results using multi-platform observations.
- Analyze and interpret model results to identify local- to regional- scale air quality consequences and climate feedback.
- Communicate and document research results.
- Prepare publications.
- Perform all other duties as assigned to support Baylor’s mission.
- Ability to comply with University policies.
- Maintain regular and punctual attendance.
- To apply please using the provided link. You will be required to upload a Cover Letter which should include a brief statement of research interests, CV, contact information for three references.
- The position opens immediately. Applications will be reviewed until the position is filled.
- Postdoc researchers are initially recruited for one year, with possibility of annual extension, contingent upon performance and funding. The formal start date is negotiable.
- Questions can be directed to Dr. Yang Li (email@example.com)
What You Can Expect:
Compensation & Benefits:
As part of the Baylor family, eligible employees receive a comprehensive benefits package that includes medical, dental, and vision insurance, generous time off, and tuition remission. Baylor has a comprehensive benefits plan that supports you and your family’s wellbeing and allows you to be a part of the life of a vibrant and active college campus. To learn more, go to Baylor Benefits & Advantages.
Explore & Engage: